P.E.A.C.E., short for Peer Education and Community Empowerment, is a UC Davis student-to-student peer education program. We are dedicated to understanding and dismantling racism, sexism, homophobia, ableism and other “isms” in order to promote a welcoming, respectful, living and learning environment. P.E.A.C.E. offers UCD students, faculty, and staff the opportunity to engage in meaningful and productive conversations about inequities and social justice. Forums are open to all student organizations, departments, residential groups, and other UCD affiliates.
You select a topic! Give us 10 days minimum advance notice, 3 potential dates and times (the request form can be found under the ‘Request’ tab), then our facilitators can create a program tailored to your needs.
P.E.A.C.E. conducts workshops that educate and train others about social justice, racism, sexism, homophobia, and other related social issues at classrooms and events of all sizes.
These are the standards we hold as P.E.A.C.E. facilitators because we know that this is what it takes for a workshop to be successful.
(1) We require that the time allotted for a workshop be a minimum of 90 minutes and that participants be present for the entire time. We feel that this is the minimum amount of time in which an effective workshop can be completed.
(2) We recommend a minimum of 8 participants. We feel that fewer than 8 will make it difficult to gain anything from the content being discussed. If there are less than 8 people, then we will do a short presentation, but not the entire workshop.
(3) It is important that we start on time. We need the full time allotted so that the workshop has time to fully develop and we are able to get to all the activities we plan ahead of time. That being said, if there are not 8 people present by 10 mins after the stated time, we will proceed with the short presentation.
(4) Participants should stay for the entire workshop and not leave beforehand, as it can be very disruptive to the facilitators and the group in general.
(5) Lastly, it is important to remember that this workshop will be a safe space and that participants should come only if they want to.
Click here to request a workshop!
We recruit and perform interviews for applicants in Winter Quarter. You can typically find our application open at the same time at the CCC job applications (usually due early February). If you have any questions please contact the current coordinator. Please place “PEACE” in the subject line.
Applications are now open for the 2017-2018 school year. Please fill out the google form by Sunday, February 5th, 2017.
Click to apply to be a P.E.A.C.E. Trainer!